Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Amber Wanted to Be Good, But...

Three days earlier, we'd banished the dog from the bed. It wasn't an easy decision, but it was the right thing to do. We were still training Amber to sleep at the foot of the bed. She had tried coming to the sides of the bed, but a pet was as good as an invitation, so we had to make her stay at the foot of the bed.

About a half hour after we settled in, Amber started whining.

"Amber, be quiet," I said.

Five minutes later, she started whining again. It sounded like she was trying to be quiet, but she was still whining.

"Amber, hush!"

I'd just drifted off about five minutes later when I woke to the sound of quiet whining. Do I ignore it and hope she'll give up after a while? Maybe paying attention to her when she whines is making her keep at it?

I wait a while, the whining continues and gets louder. I sigh, and pull myself up and over the bottom of the bed so I can shake my finger at her.

"Amber..."

She's looking up at me with the most mournful face, as if to say "I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself!"

I see a hint of something in the darkness, near her backside. I pull myself over further to get a better look.

The cat is there, nearly invisible in his gray coat. He's got Amber's back leg in his mouth, and he's happily chewing away with his sharp little teeth.

Amber with Phillip napping on her back legs.

Phillip and Amber Together. Phillip isn't chewing on Amber's leg right now.



Technorati Profile
StumbleUpon

No comments:

Cat Yarns at Blogged Add to Technorati Favorites